Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Whats in a Name



Amanda @ My Very Own Modern Family is doing a link up today, all about your children's names. Of course since I love a good link up I had to participate. I don't have any human children yet, but my dog Belle is my whole world.


Belle is 4 years old and is a Beagle Lab mix.  I got her in Kentucky on a family trip.  We were literally driving down the road and a bunch of dogs were running in the yard and there was a sign "Free Dogs". I saw this adorable puppy hiding in the corner and I decided I must have her.  I had to chase her down and grab her but ever since then she has my everything. 

Horrible picture of me but how cute she?

I was living with my parents at the time, so I had to call and tell my mom, surprise I'm bringing a dog! She asked the name and of course I had no clue.  I wanted to name her Baby Girl but my mom said no that was too redneck. clearly this was before honey boo boo. After much back and forth, I settled on Belle because she was a southern belle.  Corny I know.

Anyway that's my name story :)

No comments:

Post a Comment